|Search this Collection Description:|
|Title:||WSB Radio Broadcasting Script|
|Size/Quantity:||0.05 linear feet (one archival folder)|
|Language:||This collection is written in English.|
|Creator:||WSB (Radio station : Atlanta, Ga.).|
|Repository:||Archives & Records Management, Library, Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Abstract:||On May 18, 1939, WSB Radio had a university-sponsored program about Georgia Tech's ceramic engineering department. This collection contains a single radio script from that WSB program.|
WSB (Welcome South, Brother) Radio, the first radio station in the South, began broadcasting on March 15, 1922. During the 1920s, Lambdin Kay, "The Little Colonel," was the first full time general manager for WSB and one of the nation's most popular radio personalities. Musical groups, such as the Peachtree Mandolians, played for the South's listening audience. After operating from several locations, WSB moved to the Biltmore Hotel in the 1920s, but by the mid-1950s, WSB Radio and Television had outgrown its location and moved to the "White Columns" on Peachtree Street on April 18, 1956.
This collection contains a single WSB radio script from a program aired on May 18, 1939. The script documents a roundtable discussion held by three Georgia Tech professors on ceramic engineering, entitled "Ceramic Georgia, Present and Future."
Please cite WSB Radio Broadcasting Script (MF014), Archives, Library and Information Center, Georgia Institute of Technology.
Jody Lloyd Thompson described these records in 2002.
Revisions to Finding Aid
Permission to publish materials from this collection must be obtained from the head of Archives and Special Collections.
|1||WSB Radio broadcasting script, 1939|