Schools Served as Subject Librarian
- School of Computer Science
- School of Interactive Computing
- School of Computational Science and Engineering
Research Support Services
- Research support & training for faculty, staff, and students in the College of Computing
- Reference assistance in all academic areas.
Teaching & Other Services
- Collaborate with College of Computing and campus faculty to support student research in topics related to Computing and to identify and purchase library materials to enhance research and instruction.
- Coordinates campus wide support for multimedia software related workshops and resources.
- Identify, purchase and assess library materials related to multimedia software & training.
- Conducts course-related and course-integrated library instruction for individuals, groups, and classes.
- Provide research support and instruction to strengthen students’ information literacy skills.
Scholarly Publications & Presentations
Bodnar, J. , Valk, A. , & Mathews, B. (2008). Challenging Your Students. College & Research Libraries News, 69(4), 212-229
“Casting a Wider Net in the Academic Library: Collaborating with Campus Departments
on Multimedia Related Projects.” Brown, Sherri & Alison Valk. 8th annual Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy. Savannah, Georgia. September 23, 2011.
“Coming to an Understanding: A Cross-institutional Examination of Assessments
of Data Curation Needs” Association of College and Research Libraries Conference. Indianapolis, IN. Forthcoming.
“Analogy, Textuality, and Materiality in the Medieval Studies Classroom," Wharton, Robin & Alison Valk. 48th International Congress on Medieval Studies. Kalamazoo MI. Forthcoming.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Georgia Library Association (GLA)
MLIS Library and Information Science
Florida State University :: Tallahassee, FL
BBA Computer Information Systems
Georgia State University :: Atlanta, GA