Circulation Loan Periods:
- The due date for Faculty and Staff is 1 year from the checkout date, unless Recalled.
- Various categories of special materials, such as videos or reserve items, may be loaned for shorter periods of time such as hours and days. Check with Access Services for various loan periods.
sent 2 weeks before a book is due
sent the first business day after a book is due
Item Available Notices:
sent the first business day after a book becomes available
sent the first business day after a book is recalled by another user
sent the first business day after the fine or replacement charge is incurred
Library notices are sent by e-mail to the borrower’s current Georgia Tech email address. Notices are sent Monday-Friday. Note that failure to receive a courtesy or overdue notice does not relieve the borrower of responsibility to return or renew the borrowed materials by the due date.
|Loan Type||Fine Rates|
$25 max per item
$25 max per item
A replacement bill is created 30 days after the due date if an item has not been renewed or returned.
Lost Item Replacement Cost*:
*This amount may be more if an item is of greater value; other items priced individually.
**Assessed per item.
***If a damaged item requires removal from the library’s collection, the borrower is responsible for the replacement cost plus a processing fee of $35.
- Current Faculty and Staff who are paid through the Georgia Tech Payroll Office may borrow items.
- BuzzCards* serve as library cards. The privilege of borrowing is a personal one and may not be transferred.
*The library should be notified immediately if a borrower’s BuzzCard is lost or stolen.
- There is no limit to the number of regular items borrowed. Special items such as Reserves may have limits.
- A patron’s account will be blocked and borrowing privileges will be suspended if the borrower:
- has 1 or more GILExpress items 1 day or more overdue
- fails to respond to recall requests in a timely fashion
Faculty members may authorize other individuals to borrow books in their name. The faculty member remains responsible for all items checked out by his or her proxy. To designate a proxy, contact the Access Services Department, 404-894-4500 or email@example.com.
All items are subject to recall. The borrower is guaranteed 21 total days with items. These 21 days are reflected in the "New Due Date" on the Recall Notice. If the item has been out less than 14 days, the item will be due on day 21. If the item has been out for more than 14 days, it should be returned to the library within 7 days from the date of recall. Items which are needed for Reserves are due immediately. Recalled items should be returned to the Library Services Desk on or before the “New Due Date”.
Available Requested Items:
All available circulating materials (books, CDs, VHS tapes, etc.) requested through the library catalog, GIL, and/or ILLiad are delivered daily by the LENDS van. Drop-off / pick-up points are located in each academic department and the GTRI labs. This service delivers materials from the Georgia Tech Library’s collection to current GT faculty and staff. Items will typically arrive within 2-3 working days. There is no charge for this service.
General Circulation Policies:
- All library material must be properly charged out. Prompt return of material is the personal responsibility of the individual to whom it is loaned.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy to remind borrowers that an item should be renewed or returned, but failure to receive a notice does not absolve the borrower of the responsibility to renew or return the item to the library in a timely manner.
- The borrower is responsible for notifying the library immediately if library material is damaged, missing, or lost.