Borrowing in person:
Current GT Students, Faculty, and Staff may user their BuzzCard to borrow from the following libraries:
- Emory Main Library (Woodruff)
- UGA Libraries
- GSU Libraries
- All other University System of Georgia Libraries
Current GT Students, Faculty, and Staff may borrow from other local colleges and universities using an Inter Library Use (ILU) Card. This card is obtained at the Library Services Desk and may be issued for one of the following schools:
- Agnes Scott College
- Atlanta University Center
- Brenau University
- Columbia Theological Seminary
- Emory University (branch libraries)
- Mercer University (Atlanta Campus)
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Oglethorpe University
- Savannah College of Art and Design-Atlanta
OPTION 1 - GIL Express
Georgia Tech students, faculty and staff have access to over 4 million books held by the 34 libraries of the University System of Georgia (USG) and the Gwinnett University Center. GIL Express online requests can be made from the Universal Catalog, which combines the individual collections of the 35 libraries.
- Most requested materials are delivered within three days.
- The standard loan period is 28 days
- 2 renewals are allowed unless the item is recalled for use by another patron
- Overdue items will block your ability to borrow or renew from all University System of Georgia (USG) libraries including your own.
- You may return GIL Express items to any USG library.
- For more information on GIL Express visit: http://gilexpress.usg.edu
OPTION 2 - ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System
Service is available to currently enrolled students and currently employed faculty and staff.
- Most loans and photocopies are free. However, you would be responsible for any charges in excess of $25.00 per item.
- Delivery can range from a few days to several weeks, so allow enough time when requesting material. If you need something in a hurry, indicate a specific deadline. You would still be responsible for charges in excess of the $25 per item limit, even if the material is received after your deadline.
Use the service to obtain:
- Photocopies and loans of books, theses, articles, conference papers, etc. from other libraries or commercial vendors.
- Dissertations from other schools. Generally we try to obtain a loan of dissertations; however you have the option of requesting a purchase of an unbound copy ($29.00) from Dissertation Express. Use the ILLiad Request a Photocopy option and put “Order from Dissertation Express” in the Notes field.
- Audio-visual materials. We will do our best to borrow these for you, but many libraries will not lend them or will lend them with restrictions. Please contact Information Delivery for further information.