PRINTING at the Library
Black and white and color printing is available in various locations throughout the Library & Clough Commons. All printers use your BuzzCard. Every student is allocated $2.20 per week for printing on campus. You may also add funds for additional prints.
To print from your personal computer, you can send your documents to MyPrintCenter or download the Office of Information Technology Laptop Print Package
Cost of Pharos Printing (student printing): Black & White: $.04/page, Color: $.19/page
How to print a job from the computers in the Library West Commons or Multimedia Studio:
- Choose your printer from the dialogue box (Black, Staple, Color, etc.)
- Make any adjustments via the properties tab
- Jobs will remain the print queue for 90 minutes
- Use the release station near the printer selected
- Swipe your Buzzcard when prompted
- Select the job you want to print
SCANNING in the Library
20 flatbed scanners are available in the first floor computer cluster. A tip sheet is provided near each station to guide you through the process.
Large format and map scanning is available at the first floor Library Services Desk and in the ground-floor Multimedia Studio.
SAVING in the Library
Users are encouraged NOT to save files locally on the Library’s work stations, as user profiles are deleted after logging off.
Instead, you have a few options:
- Your Prism account
- USB drives, which are available for purchase at the Library Services Desk
- Located on 1 West, near the Library Services Desk
- Color: up to 26 / 31 / 35 / 40 ppm
- Black: up to 28 / 35 / 45 ppm
- First-page-out time of as fast as 4.8 seconds for black and 6.7 seconds for color
- Print resolution: up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Maximum paper size: 12 x 18 in./SRA3
- Two-sided output standard
- Special settings for copying books
- Ability to add color to black-and-white originals
Cost: Black & White: $.08/copy, Color: $.49/copy. Payment is made with BuzzCard.
We are happy to provide the GT community with a variety of equipment and accessories for both scholarly and leisure needs.
All items are available for checkout at the Library Services Desk and loan periods vary from four hours to two days, depending on the item, unless noted otherwise. Items such as camcorders and cameras may be subject to wait lists.
Unless otherwise noted, all items are out of building checkouts (Due to high demand and limited supply, laptops are only available on a first come, first served basis. Laptops circulate for four hours at a time). Renewals are often allowed, but they are predicated on availability.
Overdue fines for equipment may be assessed at a rate of $1 per hour for any items with a four-hour loan period (during periods of high demand).
Camcorders, cameras, iPads, & Kindles are not subject to the hourly overdue rates. Overdue fines for these items are assessed at $5 per day.
Items are inspected upon checkout and return. An item is expected to be returned in the same condition it was loaned. All missing items must be paid for at the time of return. Any lost, stolen or damaged equipment must be paid for at the Library Services Desk. Rates are quoted based on the price paid for the item, though the Library reserves the discretion to modify these rates. Replacement of equipment will also be subject to a $20 processing fee.
Learn more about the gadgets we offer.
Computer & Software availability
The Library features:
- 74 workstations running Windows 8.1
- Approximately 10 workstations running Mac OSX
- 4 visitor workstations
Library staff provides assistance with software, peripherals, and virtual and e-mail reference assistance. From 8 a.m. to midnight we also offer digital photo, video and sound editing, conversion to digital files, dubbing and graphic arts.
Assistance is available within the space to answer questions pertaining to the hardware, software or plotter printing.
Sunday: noon - midnight
Mon-Thurs: 24 hours
Friday: midnight - 8pm
Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Library, ground floor
- 23 Mac workstations (iMac’s and Mac Mini’s) with large and/or dual displays
- One wide-format scanner (12.2-inch by 17.2-inch)
- One black and white and one color printer.
- Two large format plotter for printing 24-, 36- & 42- inches.
Cost: 24-inch: $2.50, 36-inch: $2.75, 42-inch: $3
Lewis H. Black Multipurpose Room
- The room can be reserved via GTEvents for students, faculty, and staff.
- Video teleconferencing
- Professional audio recording
- Presentation rehearsal
- Mini classroom