Things you should know before printing…
Black-and-white and color printing is available is available in many locations of campus, as seen here. Printing in these areas is associated with the Buzzcard system. This means you’ll need your Buzzcard when releasing print jobs.
Print jobs can also be submitted several ways including from user’s personal computer by downloading the OIT Laptop Print Package available on the OIT Software Distribution website. Jobs sent for printing in the computer clusters still need to be released and will be held in the queue for 90 minutes after job is submitted.
Every student is allocated $2.20 each week on the Buzzcard for printing at any Pharos Station on campus. Students can also add funds to their Buzzcard to purchase additional prints after the allocation is spent.
- Black & White (with or without finishing) = $.04/page
- Color = $.19/page
- Central-PS = No charge, but there is a 1200 page quota per semester
Printer names will vary by location and most will have capabilities of printing up to 11x17, as well as duplex.
- Black_All_Campus - Black and White Printers
- Finish - Black and White Printer with finishing unit for staples and three hole punch
- Color ** - Color Printers
- Central-PS - Printed offsite and delivered to the Student Center Computer Cluster (2nd floor near the Music Listening Room). When you send a job to Central-PS, you will receive an email saying your job has been received and a link to check on the status of your jobs: http://ops.oit.gatech.edu/central-ps/. If you did not receive an email or do not see your jobs on the website, please log into Passport to verify you typed in your correct email address. If issues persist, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current delivery times for CentralPS are:
M-F - 9:00am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm
Sat & Sun - none
All jobs need to be released at a designated release station except for Central-PS.
**Each color printer has its own name depending on the building or department. (Ex: Color Library are all the color printers in the library, whereas Color COB are the color printers in the Business building)
How to print a job…
- Choose the printer from the print dialog box (Black, Finish, Color or Central-PS).
- Make any configuration changes (paper size, duplex, number of pages per sheet, layout, etc.) via the properties dialog on a PC or the various other drop-downs on the Mac.
- Jobs will remain in the printer queue for 90 minutes before they are deleted.
- When ready to release the jobs for printing, proceed to the designated release stations – usually near the printers you’re printing to. Central-PS jobs do NOT need to be released.
- Laptop printer packages can be downloaded and installed from the OIT Software Distribution website, located at https://software.oit.gatech.edu for personal computers on the Georgia Tech network. Once installed, follow the instructions above for printing and releasing jobs.
How to release a job…
- Locate a designated release station next to the printer you want to use.
- Swipe your Buzzcard on the keyboard when prompted to do so.
- Select the jobs you would like to print, and select “print” at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick up job at printer or bins if a Central-PS job per the delivery times above.
The visitor workstations in the LWC offer “for fee black and white’ printing. Print jobs are picked up at the Library Services Desk. The cost is $.10 per page, and may be paid in cash, by check, by Buzzcard or by credit card.
Users can also submit special print jobs, including color laser printing, to Georgia Tech Printing and Copying services. Jobs can be submitted electronically, but are picked up and paid for at 811 Marietta Street. Prices available on the PCS Website.