To conduct research. Activities could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Patents & Trademark Research
- Government Documents Related Research, e.g. obtain a tax form
- Access Georgia Tech electronic resources and archives and special collections.
- To meet/consult with a librarian/archivist, library staff (with an appointment)
To study, e.g. a student from another college (domestic or international) or a high school student
To participate in programs / events that are held in the Library buildings
Non Georgia Tech affiliated visitors are allowed in the buildings during the following times:
- Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Exceptions to the restricted visitor hours:
- University System of Georgia (USG) and Emory University Faculty, Staff, and Students will be allowed access by showing current school id to the Security Officer and registering on the Visitor Log Book.
- To participate in programs / events that are held in the Library buildings
- To meet / consult with a librarian / archivist (with an appointment)
Expectations of library users who are not affiliated with Georgia Tech:
Institute visitors to the library are expected to be respectful and courteous to faculty, students, and staff members. Inappropriate behaviors involving excessive noise, loud conversations, and behavior that creates a distraction for others or an environment unconducive to academic study and research will result in termination of library access privileges.